Thursday, February 21, 2013


Relocated!!!  

Yes, we are back in Granbury after a 7 year “journey”.   My Frenchy was packed in nine boxes back in late August.  He hibernated in the garage at Coleman until November, when he was moved into our new house.  Then the holidays interrupted any opportunity to reassemble him.  Then after such a long “sleep”, he needed a ‘tune-up’ so another month went by.    I finally eeked out enough time last weekend to load a quasi-quilt onto the machine.  I used two old sheets and scrap strips of batting to re-educate myself on long-arm quilting.  No, it’s not like riding a bicycle!  My confidence has hit a low ebb, and I am getting reacquainted with loops, circles, feathers, and other free-hand designs.  It will be another week (where does the time go?) before I will have quilted the entire practice piece, but it’s worth the time-investment to feel secure again before I tackle a prized quilt top that merits craftmaship for a finished product.

 I have had so much fun unpacking and re-organizing my fabrics.  It’s like getting a new box of crayons…..lining up all the greens, blues, purples, reds, yellows, and more……also, rediscovering boxed up projects in different stages and realizing lost momentum.   I am getting re-inspired to get those items finished. 

So, here are a few pics of my sewing room.  WOW, I have a lot of stuff!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment