Thursday, December 8, 2011


Frenchy has continued to give me problems with thread breakage.  I started a project a couple of weeks ago....a serious project for a paying customer....and just minutes into it, the thread broke.  I started again, and the thread broke....this went on for 2 more tries.  I stopped and called my local tech.  She was empathetic, came over to look at the machine, and then when the thread broke for her after readjusting the tension, she offered to have me use her machine until we can resolve the problem...AI GAIN!  So, the next day I loaded up the quilt and my threads and notions and off we went.  The quilt was finished in about 3 hours.  I expressed my concern that Frenchy has a gremlin or is a Lemon!    In response the next level up...Sales Manager, came last week.  After she worked with the machine and nothing significant happened, she offered that perhaps the tension adjustment should be replaced.  A new one was in the mail and arrived within 2 days (on a Friday and we were out of town).  The new part was put on last Monday.  Since then I have completed 3 quilts....and no problems.    I am reassured by both HandiQuilter reps that their goal is to have all customers satisfied and that most 'lemons' (of which there have been few) have internal issues, not thread breaks; so maybe the problem is fixed!   I have another quilt loaded and ready to work on it tomorrow with more waiting in the wings.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment