Sunday, April 5, 2015

Puzzle Quilt

Sister Trish and I attended a class at "Quilt Among Friends" in Arlington a few years ago on Puzzle Quilts by Paula Nedelstern.  It was a challenging class, but I became addicted with the concept.  I made several blocks from the pattern book and stored them away until this year when one of my New Year's resolutions was to finish some of my UFOs.  So, after the dust settled from Christmas, I dug out the blocks and arranged them on the design wall.  Granted the 4 lighter (and larger) blocks look a bit out of place, but they were in the book and they are part of the group.  So, I arranged them such that I could add sashing to match them all up.   I added a border to merge the greens, blues, and purples.  Machine quilted with green thread in a free motion design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment