#1..Another alternate Block of the Month from Denton. Every year I participate in a BOM with my friend, Linda Gleason, in Denton. I always make a 2nd block using fabric on hand. This is a collection of blocks from a previous year finally put together.
#2...two completed quilt tops and some assorted pieces were found when I and other family members cleaned out Grandpa's house for a needed renovation. These were my grandmother's UFOs. She once worked at the local sewing factory in the 50s/60s era and I know these contain scraps obtained from that facility. The completed ones were simply bordered from current fabrics, but the other two were too small for a full quilt, so I added strips of fabric to make them an appropriate size. They will be going to family members this Christmas.
2a....had holes, stains, and broken seams. After repairs were made and attempts at removing the stains (unsuccessfully), I added a blue/brown print border and quilted with King Tut Sahara Sand.
2b...Bowties did not have as many needed repairs....a few broken seems, but overall this top was in good shape. I had a 30s reproduction print on hand for the border. It is backed with a pink cotton fabric and quilted with a cream Omni Pro polyester thread.
2c. Two pieces of assored blocks had already been sewn together ......one was long and one was short. I took a portion off the long piece and added it to the shorter piece to make them equal and then added strips of fabric on hand to get it to a reasonable size.