Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sew Many Quilts...Sew Little Time!

Grand-daughter Lilli left on Sunday afternoon, and Sister Trish arrived Sunday night.  Trish brought six, count 'em SIX, quilt tops.  We got busy right away on putting one onto "Frenchy".  We ran into some problems with the Coats & Clark thread but I had some King Tut on hand that matched and it worked much better.  We worked until 4:30AM Monday morning and finally got to bed by 5AM.  We were up again about 9AM, but I had a splitting headache.  After a Motrin, a nap, and a light lunch, we headed back upstairs to tackle more quilting.  While she quilted her quilts, I intermittently worked piecing squares on my Janome.  We didn't stay up quite as late on Monday night but we didn't stop until about 1:30AM (Tuesday).  We completed 3 quilts in two days to the point of binding, which she plans to finish at home. It was a productive 36 hours. On Tuesday, she went to Quilting Guild with me and we had fun making an applique block with the group.  We had a nice lunch at the new Italian Restaurant on Commercial St. and it was time for her to head home. 

Since then I've been jumping from one project to another in different stages:  border on Red Roses in a Garden Maze (my rendition of a standard pattern); putting 30 blocks together for A Green Garden; piecing an unusual star pattern made from Walmart pre-cut fabrics; and readying myself to face a real challenge.....completing a vintage quilt for Grand-daughter Catie's other Grandma.  Now you understand my title:  "Sew Many Quilts....Sew Little Time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment